Sunday, July 13, 2008

Artist Spotlight..Lah


Artist: Lah
Current CD: Love and Hate (Mixtape)
Reps: Brilliant Guy Music Group
Future? Lots of Potential!

I first heard about Lah few months ago through my homie Theo! myspace page. I definitely knew of Lah and who he was but I honestly slacked major and never checked out his page and stuff. Enough time went by and I forgot all about checking out his myspace. But then came this past Thursday and I went to get a hair cut at my favorite barber shop Creative Style, and I while waiting for my cut my barber Curve was asking me "You know my boy Lah, you heard his music?" and I was like "Nah, but i've heard of him"..So my barber does what barbers do more than cut hair..TALK!..lol..He called the homie Lah over and we chopped it up about music and stuff, I quickly saw he was a cool humble dude..and he passed me his latest mixtape "Love and Hate"..He told me I wouldn't be disappointed..But honestly since I've been doing radio I've heard that a million times..most times it's GARBAGE!..lol..but every once and a while the music is dope..I got back to the crib popped in the CD and it was hott!..success in terms of a radio head..

Since the CD is fresh in my mind I could do a quick review to give y'all an idea of what you have to look forward to..I don't even want to call it a mixtape because it doesn't feel like one..It's not full of industry beats which is refreshing in a way. The Cd starts off with a hott intro, Lah took the Love and Hate conversation between Radio Raheem and Mookie from the Spike Lee classic movie "Do the Right Thing". As soon as the songs begin it's easy to see that Lah has crazy swag, dude sounds like his own person..very nice..The title track "Love and Hate" is a real strong track, which most people can relate to "We've seen a lot of Love, We've seen a lot of Hate". Very quickly into the Cd you can hear the quality of beats on this joint, and it's probably from the Executive Producer Saint Patrick. He does a great job of sampling on the track "The Rhythm of the Night", it's a real smooth track people can vibe to(one of my favs on the Cd). Right after that track you get a great feature from Theo! on the "Interlude"; Theo and Lah just go in and spit crazy verses, no hook just madd SWAG like! These two dudes had crazy chemestry on the tracks Theo! was on so I hope they work together again..Providence needs some unity, the city is too small to not collaborate. On the track "Stick With Me", Lah gets his singing game right on the hook (very catching, I can dig It)..It's a real smooth track for the females. Speaking of females..lol..Lah got a joint called "For My Lady Friends" which is tight as well, real smooth like. I must say this before I continue..lol..Auto-Tune..Lah got a joint called "Food for Thought", I'm feeling it, everyone is using it nowadays and being the T-Pain fan I am (It Gets Annoying!!) but I must say Lah surprised me because he did his own thing with it and it's one of my favorite tracks on "Love and Hate"..So props to Lah for still bringing his own swag to it. Overall the mixtape..[pause]..Let's call it an Album, because it was like a mooooviiieee(Khaled Reference lol) but real talk the Cd is hott and I would recommend it to any hip-hop fan. Good stuff my dude Lah!

Just not to leave this out, Lah is reppin' Providence so, the Rhode Island 401 scene is looking bright we have a lot of Artists on the rise and expect to see them all on this blog at one point or another..if you liked the joints you heard from Lah go to his myspace page ThisIsLah and download the mixtape..Support the man, when you see him in the streets buy the joint off him..It's worth it people!..One final thing..lol..Dude is extremely articulate which is dope..because it makes the music that much better vocabulary wise..listen to the Outro to know what i'm talking bout..100





-Che Is Out!

No comments: